Friday 19 November 2010

Derek Adams



New Hibernian assistant Derek Adams says he turned down the chance to manage Scottish Premier League clubs because they lacked ambition and funds. Adams refused to name any club, but Kilmarnock and St Mirren were both looking for a new boss in the summer.


"I had the chance to go, but the clubs I had the opportunity to go to were not the right clubs," he told BBC Scotland. "They didn't have the finance to go forward and they didn't want to be played the way I wanted to go forward."

From the BBC Sport Website

I suspect I'm not the only person who was surprised Adams joined Hibernian as assistant to Colin Calderwood. There's an irony in him claiming those clubs who approached him to be their manager 'lacked ambition'.

However, this story does add weight to the theory that Aberdeen didn't sack Mark McGhee because Adams turned them down...

No comments:

Post a Comment